It is hard to believe that Jonathan and I are less than two weeks away from getting married and starting this new phase of life together. While my mountainous and seemingly endless to-do list is looming before me, the excitement is building and I am seeing over and over how God loves to provide for us.
This week we had two very exciting things happen. First, Jonathan was able to secure a flat for us to live in! We were able to get into an apartment that is normally used as a vacation rental, so, while we only have it until June, we have a place to stay for the time being. The view is great, it's in a wonderful location, AND we don't have to have roommates. I am very excited about that. Thank you for all your prayers about housing! God has heard and answered - just as He loves to do.
Our second and more important bit of news is that a friend of ours in the Basque country has accepted Christ as his Savior. No amount of stress could keep me from excessive rejoicing when I heard the news. Please pray that we and the other believers in the area would be able to surround him and help him grow in his new-found faith. Pray that the Spirit would do great things in our friend's heart and life, and that he would have a strong desire to share the Good News of Jesus with his friends and family.
Please also pray for us. Pray that Jonathan would arrive safely in the States this next week, and that I would get everything done that I need to so I can enjoy myself and life in general when he gets here. Pray also for safety as we travel back and forth between Chicago and Winona Lake. Pray that we are able to relationally connect with our friends and church families before we leave, accomplish the many tasks before us, squeeze in last minute doctors appointments and wedding plans, and be able to have some time to really enjoy being together and planning a wedding.
We are so happy that, in just a few days, we will share one of the most important events in our lives with you all. For those who cannot attend, we are very sorry we could not share this day with you, but know that you are loved and will be missed. Thank you for your love and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment